Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To finish or not to finish




I inventoried all my unfinished projects last night. I am a list maker and it has always been my habit to prioritize my work from a list. However, when I see this one I'm not sure it was such a good idea. It looks a bit intimidating. I thought it would help to actually put my hands on all these unfinished pieces and look at them again with fresh eye. This is often a good tactic as most of these pieces remain unfinished because something about them does not feel right. Some change drastically when I go back to them, while others just need a little change of direction and they come together quickly. The failed pieces are those that never feel done. No matter where they go it is never quite what my mind's eye had planned. I seldom part with these but maybe I should.



I particularly love going back to a beading project. I am a slow beader and take long breaks from the work on any given piece. Most of these are not large pieces but I always feel refreshed to go back to a tiny little bottle and put on the final touches after thinking on it for a few days, or weeks!


It is my intent to pick a project and set a completion date for it. I will try to work my way through the list in between work on my current projects. Can I do it??

Can I do it? Maxi doesn't think so!

We'll see. . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment