Sunday, May 16, 2010

Brave Stitching



First of all, I have to show you some of new additions to the beautiful blooming plants in the gardens this weekend. It was a warm and sunny two days here which we all needed, especially the plants.



I love all the changing color in the garden. I can't wait for each new stage as we move through the weeks of summer.


This stitched piece is a good example of how used materials and little pieces collected in the studio can be inspiring. I love stitching on paper and combining materials. This is on a recycled piece of cardboard, from my favorite breakfast oatmeal I believe. I really like the very bare brown color of this kind of cardboard, it is warm and unobtrusive.



I am often pressed by things happening in the days of someone in the family to work around a phrase that speaks to me in that particular instance. BE BRAVE - so simple but just what is necessary sometimes to face what lies before us!


Looking back at my life so far, I wish that I had been more courageous, pushed myself more, ventured out of my comfort zone a little further. I still have to remind myself -- BE BRAVE.


Go for it . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment