Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Simple pleasures


I have recently had a couple of three day weekends that provided a good reminder of how wonderful it feels to have some blocks of time to spend in my work space.  What a luxury to just work undisturbed by the constraints of a normal workweek.  I could get used to having that kind of schedule on a regular basis!


I spent one afternoon cutting and folding lots of my origami boxes.  I really needed to do this and it is such a relaxing and satisfying activity that the time just melted away.  Nice, nice, nice.


It is fun to see these little things build up.  Now I will put together sets and sew buttons.  Which reminds me that I need to go shopping for buttons soon.  Yes, I have tons of buttons (my family would say!) but I use lots of little white shirt buttons and lots of black and white, of course.  And, OKAY, I don't need much of an excuse to look for more buttons!


I have been wanting to refresh my memory on knitting cables so I found an appropriate yarn in the scrap stash and practiced a 4 x 4 cable.  It was an easy big gauge on comfortable needles and knitted up quickly.  I knitted it to 6 inches, bound it off and then crocheted across the end and made two loops for buttons fasteners.  Almost an instant mug cozy!  Cute, isn't it?


I have been meaning to show this addition to my worktable - a gift from daughter, Celia - a most adorable pincushion!  It is made by KupKup Land , so sweet!  And fun - it has re-arrangable parts!  Almost too precious to use.


The azaleas have bloomed and gone already, but the cool temperatures have prevailed and spring is still at bay.  Hopefully we will be gardening soon, but until then I am enjoying the quiet simple pleasures in my work room.  Hope you are finding time for the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment