Thursday, June 11, 2015

Mountains of denim . . . . .




 .  .  .  .  .  okay, maybe more like molehills of denim!  But I have lots of denim to cut and then weave up.  That isn't a bad thing because I love the way denim strips look when woven into rugs, placemats, runners, coasters and even bags.  So many uses!  But I have a box of denim scraps taking up storage space that I need for other things.  So  .  .  .  .  .



 .  .  .  .  .  I am starting with a batch of coasters on my table loom.  Inspiration threading, my favorite go-to pattern is my choice for this warp.  I'm not sure if this pattern has another name but I have seen many inspired weavings done in this proven pattern and have used it over and over myself.




I had just enough fabric cut into strips for this small project.  Now that we are back to warm weather I will be setting up the cutter out on the screen porch to strip out the rest of the denim in the box. Lots of cutting and lots of denim dust - a job best done outdoors when possible.



This coaster warp matches two denim runners woven earlier in the same threading pattern and colors.  These runners are already listed in the Fringe Fiber shop, so check them out there.



I have been putzing along at these but, in fact, they do really weave up quickly.  I will finish these with a simple machine stitched edge.  Hopefully, several sets of these coasters will be in the shop soon.


 Enjoy your summer days  .  .  .  .  . I will be checking back in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment