Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tempted by many techniques . . . . . . .


I know this doesn't really look like weaving or knitting or crochet - not your typical fiber techniques. But I am lured in, tempted by anything remotely fiber. Beading is one of my favorite fiber mediums. I know and love the work of many beaders although I can only aspire to the heights of their work.



My pieces are simple and basic by comparison but I do so enjoy doing this work! It progresses in much the same way as weaving on a loom, one row at a time. Watching it build up is very rewarding. Of course, the colors and the sparkle cannot hurt either!


Paper, as I have admitted before, is one of my weaknesses. But I also love the added dimension of using recycled materials. These little box sets are made from used safety envelopes. The patterns are sweet when folded into these little things!


I make a tray style box from cardboard that I save from gift boxes or whatever source presents itself. I like the look of the scrappy yarn ties at the ends of the tray.



These are each embellished with a salvaged button from my collection and the sewing thread ties make a fun little topper. I am having a great time playing around with these. They become habit forming - saving the envelopes, collecting assorted patterns, cutting squares, folding, glueing . . . . well, you get the idea.

These items are all available in my Etsy shop. And I am still weaving, in fact this week I am preparing some very light weight cotton scarves for spring wardrobes! Take heart, it will be spring again . . . . . .ahhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment